I’m extremely proud to announce that iZotope has finally released Iris™ to the world after many long months of passionate work and creating in the shadows… :) Imagine if you took Photoshop-like things like selection tools, brushes and mixed it with spectrum and waveform editor and could extract out sounds from your recordings and everyday life… You’ll certainly “find music in everything”. :)
iZotope Iris™ is a groundbreaking sample-based synthesizer that harnesses the power of both your eyes and your ears. Fuel your creativity with Iris's new spin on sound design: a "visual instrument" that's perfect for musical inspiration and sonic experimentation.
- Discover what's inside any sound: Load audio into Iris and explore spectral details that a regular waveform locks away.
- Highlight what intrigues you: Extract and isolate the most interesting sonic components with a full suite of visual selection tools.
- Combine the unthinkable: Layer completely diverse sound sources into totally unique combinations... what do a tattoo needle and a swamp bird and a slot machine sound like together?
- Stay musical: Rely on intelligent root note detection to help shape musical material from noise, ambient textures, soundscapes... even mistakes!
- Enhance and invigorate your sound: Apply world-class iZotope reverbs, distortions and delays, then take advantage of extended synth features like amp envelopes and LFOs.
- Get amazing sounds immediately: Spark your imagination with over 500 patches by world-class sound designers, or design your own with Iris's 4 GB library of diverse sound samples.
iZotope brought me onboard to help create fresh, inspiring factory patches/presets from their 4GB Iris™ Sound Library, and I worked night and day for months, crafting away special, innovative and hopefully intriguing starting points that I hope will inspire composers, producers and sound designers all over the world on their film, TV, game and music projects. I was certainly inspired by all of the above, and you’ll even find otherworldly easter-eggs and exciting gems in there as you explore the list.
I created hundreds of exclusive factory patches for iZotope Iris™. All the patches that I created are special little aural children born little at a time thanks to the amazing Iris™ sound engine, and I also gave those patches all really unique, somewhat familiar and fantastic names that I hope will jump out at you as you are searching through the library for a variety of sounds, textures, instruments, flavors, scenes and aural snapshots.
From the bottom of my heart, I hope that Iris™ helps bring you all into other worlds of your own and gives you inspiring tools for your own creative journeys and don’t forget to experiment on your own audio content too!! and there is plenty of untapped potential in the Iris Sound library!! It was an honor to be apart of such a groundbreaking new synthesizer and to get a chance to work with such an amazing heartfelt team at iZotope! You guys rock! Mad respect to everyone involved! – J.Lassen.
Check out videos, information, how to try it out, buy, at iZotope’s website. All the details are on this page: http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/iris/index.asp?hs12